Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crocheting

December 31, 2009
So I've decided to pick up crocheting. I mostly wanted to make London a scarf and apparently no one makes baby scarves and when my 14 year old cousin came home for Christmas crocheting, I figured I could do it too. So I went to Hobby Lobby, bought me some yarn, and a cute little How to Crochet book that even came with the needles. haha. (Funny how domestic new moms get.) So after about 10 different attempts and unraveling it, I figured it out. If you looked at my work and said my skill level was remedial, you'd be much too kind. However, it's coming together and as I sit and work on it, I can't escape thinking about our free will in this world mingled with God's finger prints on our lives. There are parts of her scarf that I messed up on. It's a little more bumpy and the pattern isn't exactly perfect. Even the yarn choice. It fades in and out of cream, brown, and pink. When looking at it, the colors aren't that pretty, but as they're woven in to make a scarf, you can see them make a beautiful pattern of color.
Sometimes, I don't do so well at making choices. I've done things that have made the road bumpy and that was my own fault. When looking back at my past, I can clearly see remnants of weeks or months that were rough. But when looking at the whole, it's just a small bump, not the huge catastrophe I once saw. And the things I've done that were perhaps not always the best choice, or the most pleasing to God, He still used to make my beautiful scarf. I'm still a work in progress. I'm only 23 and I struggle with things all the time, but I can't imagine the beauty He will accomplish when it's time for me to meet Him face to face. :)

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment