Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crazy Love

September 21, 2009
Lance and I were just talking about a very "in your face" part of Francis Chan's book, Crazy Love. He talks about the questions people ask him about their sin and if they are still Christians with this in their life. In the end, he says, "Call me crazy, but I think those verses (John 14:15, James 2:19, John 2:3-4) mean that the person who claims to know God, but doesn't obey His commands is a liar and that the truth really isn't in him." He talks about how we become Christians and make it unnecassary to become a disciple. Basically, that we're more in it at times for our salvation or looks and less because we truly love God and others.
Today was a rough day with a baby that's coming over a cold and enjoyed pushing her screaming abilities to the max. I finally settled down to drink some white chocolate raspberry coffee (YUM) and relax around 9, only for London to decided she'd prefer to stay awake for the next hour and a half. Afterwards, I had some conversations online with some friends, and now that Lance and I have talked about this, I ponder on how many points today that I went through the motions of "following God" by doing what was expected but it wasn't out of love for my Lord? I work in a golf shop at a country club part time. How often am I polite to people because it's my job, or refuse to take part in inappropriate things because "I'm a Christian" and not because I love God too much to degrade Him to having a follower that has a foot in the church and a foot in the world? How many times do we strive to make an impression on a waitress for the "Kingdom of God" because we're just trying to make up for all those lousy tables she got that day and not because God LOVES her and we love Him, so we love her? There's a song that I first heard at the Passion Conference in 08 by Hillsong called Hosanna. Some of the lyrics that always hit me hard are, "Break my heart for what breaks Your's, everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause..." Do we ever even stop to think on what in our lives is breaking the heart of our God? What I've said and mindlessly done because it's a learned habit and not from joy, who walked past me with a broken heart and I'm too wrapped up in my issue with a person that I don't even notice their downcast soul? I pray that God cleanses me of being a "Christian" and makes me a disciple of His.

No comments:

Post a Comment