Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Magnetic Chalkboard

So, I'm still obsessed with spray paints of all sorts, particulary gray, chalkboard, and magnetic (yes! for those thinking, there's magnetic spray paint?). A project I did a few weeks ago mixed all of those together! I'm afraid I don't have any before pics...it was really just an ugly framed home decor painting. I think it was a barn...or a house or something. I remember it had a really light color wood frame and a HUGE maroon matte, the picture itself was like a 5X7 haha. So, I took the glass and picture out of the frame and sprayed the frame gray. Then, I sprayed the glass with the magnetic spray with 3 or 4 coatings. Next, I sprayed it with chalkboard spray with two coatings. Once it was dry, I "seasoned" the board by lightly coloring the whole thing with chalk and erasing it, then put it in the frame. It looked a little boring, PLUS, some horrible wind, mingled with the sprayer thing on the magnetic paint made some really bad places on the top middle of the board. sooo, I made some fabric flowers to cover up my mess and hot glued them over it :). They'll never know. Also, you could do one side with this idea, and the other side of the glass with the mirror spray (and yes! there's mirror spray lol). Then, if you wanted to go with an elegant look, you could switch it to the mirror, and switch it back with your decorating mood. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments about twitter...I will have to check it out...you definately got me interested....

    ReplyDelete