Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just an Ordinary Day :)

October 13, 2009
Today was just a Tuesday, and a rainy one at that. I woke up and went to work, came home and cleaned. Nothing special, nothing extraordinary. Six loads of laundry were washed and folded. The living room was picked up three times. London got a new tooth and the dog spilled food all over the floor. It's the end of the night, and I'm sitting in the quiet of the living room (that's dirty again) with a cup of coffee and my laptop, and this is when God is close.
He's there when the music is playing. People are on a stage, talented and in love with God. He's there when the words of God read aloud swim over me, pushing and pulling at me to stand up, sit down, raise my hands, bend my knees, dance, or just cry.
Then He's there when the world is dark. When I spend time on my face, crying out and asking where His purpose is in my life. When a friend is hurting. When a family member is confused. When things are just plain old bad. He's there.
We can all be emotional. I love "spiritual highs" and praising God in those times. However, it's not when He's just blessed me that I feel the closest to Him. Though I often feel so close when I cling to Him for support, it's not really that time when I feel the most secure in His love. It's at times like tonight. A rainy Tuesday, full of housework and dirty diapers. Sitting with a cup of coffee and a laptop and knowing that even though today was not what you would call "special," it is what He would. and I am what He would. He thinks I'm remarkable sitting right here in the recliner, because I am made in His image. I just came across a verse I have written down and is one of my favorites and it just made me smile over my cup of white chocolate raspberry coffee.
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. --Isaiah 46:4

No comments:

Post a Comment