Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tonight's Elevate

September 16, 2009
Tonight at Elevate, Pastor Dan closed out a series about finding your life and calling. It was just such an awesome night of worship for me, personally. He talked about 2 Corinthians 12, where Paul talks of boasting. Paul says he only boasts in the weakness he's asked God to remove on three different occassions and God's response was always the same, "My grace is sufficient for you." During the worship in the beginning, students were artistically painting words on four different canvases. The whole point was that sometimes, we follow God when things are great, but when we follow Him in the dark parts of our lives, that's when we can really feel close to Him. When we are truly "leaning hard" on Him. Afterwards, Dan wrote one very important word across all the canvases together: surrender. Students came forward, finding blank spaces to write words of things they want to surrender but have been holding back, whether it was a relationship, their past, worry, whatever.
I would love to feel and witness worship as every other person does in moments like that. I know we're all different and worship is a tiny bit different to us all. For me, I sort of feel like God's spirit is hovering over us at all times. That's the only way I can think to describe it. Sometimes, it's so high and far up, I wonder if He's even there and have to step out onto faith and just know He is. At other times, I feel like it's lower and lower until at some points, it touches the ground we're on and it becomes Holy. I feel like it's all around me at those times, and everywhere in the room. It's a good suffocating, if that's possible lol, and I can't talk and I definitely can't sing because I'm so overwhelmed with joy. I honestly just stand there and cry haha. I'm so caught up in God and His holiness that I'm immediately broken.
Anyway, I was just talking to Lance about this tonight and I was curious to see if anyone else could put into words what worship felt like to them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment