Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Those pink walls

So, we're moving soon. We were given an incredible opportunity to move into Lance's grandmother's home for a little while, giving us time to save money for a downpayment on a home of our own sooner than we expected. There are tons of positives to it all, and some things that are leaving me a bit anxious...like the girls will be sharing a room. ....stay tuned for those blog posts lol.

I had had it today with London's room and the absolute chaos that it had become, so I went in to clean. Her room is decorated with tons of pink, and had little music note stickers all over the wall above the rockingchair rail. I decided to go ahead and take them off now, while I was in You're Room is Awful! mode, hoping it'd be an easier transition into a bare room later on. As I started peeling off the stickers, I was instantly transported in my mind into a room, dark with a fan going, a rocking chair in the corner, and a little baby girl quietly sleeping. We moved here when that baby was 6 weeks old, and it's all she's ever known.

Our home is small, older, and has some serious plumbing issues that flair up every few months, but it's our home. We love it. I hate to add up the money we've spent in rent since living here, but what a home it's been. Those pink walls have sheltered my baby girl. They've protected her from the chaotic world outside, from the cold, the heat, the bugs (ew). More importantly, they've witnessed so much. They've sheltered us as I cried in that rocking chair, exhausted from lack of sleep and desperate for the baby to stop crying. They've sheltered as I have completely lost my cool and temper on a two year old. Then, they sheltered as I came back in to apologize and hug her. They've been there countless times in the night, when I crept in unnoticed to get on my knees by her bed to pray for her. To pray that I could do this. To pray that I could give her the love and attention she needs with a new little sister on the way and then there. To promise God that I'd parent her and love her and love her daddy. To give her to God, for His plans...and only some of those times because I was exasperated and at the end of my rope ;).

Oh, those pink walls...and we're only on one room.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I can relate! This brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete