Sunday, March 4, 2012

Order from Chaos

Any mother could tell you the different things they love about each of their children. It's not that you love any child more than another, it's just different. London Grace is special. She's sweet and compassionate. She's what I hope to be when I'm refined by the Lord. She cares and is grateful, truly. Story is crazy. I'm not even kidding. She is joy in the purest sense of the word. She makes me laugh until I cry and keeps me and London both from ever taking ourselves too seriously.

Other than her amazing compassion, London is very much me. We care too much about things we shouldn't, and I hope so badly to conquer some of the sins we both struggle with before she's older so that I can be a testimony to her for what the Holy Spirit can do.

Story is Lance. Dead out. It's not just the fair skin and red hair. They're crazy. I'm telling you. Most people don't get to see my hunny in his purest form, but the boy is crazy funny. He's goofy and sweet and passive. I love both of my girls, oh so very much, but one of the many reasons I love Story is because when I look at her, I see a man I love more than any other person on this Earth. I see all his good and bad characteristics all balled up into a little blue eyed girl.

On the same note, I have a friend/mentor that I love love love to go visit. She sharpens me, and I always leave her loving my kids and husband a little more than when I got there. The last time I visited her, I left trying to put my finger on just what I loved so much about her. I got home and was greeted by silly little Story and it hit me. My friend reminds me so much of the Father that I love so very much. We are all image bearers of God, but some people resemble Him in their actions much better than the rest of us. I leave her with a smile thinking, I love Him so much. I want so badly to be that way. I wish so badly that I could hide myself in Him so that any positive trait someone did find, they would automatically attribute it to Him.

I've been wanting to rename my blog for awhile now. Tastes of Chaos is still a bit fitting for our crazy home, but not for the heart of it. In this current season, I no longer want to accept the chaos in our lives. God makes order from chaos and He can do that in my life as well. As I reread the last few posts of mine, I feel like that that topic seems to be the very heart of my writing now, and therefore, a fitting title. All that to say, my blog has a new title and I hope that my life experiences can continue to grow to fit the name :).

No comments:

Post a Comment